A few hours ago, the embargo on the publication of impressions from the preview sessions of It Takes Two was lifted. They are based on three to four hours of gameplay and do not represent the full opinion of a future release. We were not given the opportunity to play Yusef Fares’s platformer, so we publish someone else’s gameplay and key moments of the press impressions.
The main thing:
- You only need to play with someone you know. In this case, the game will unfold in full. It is unrealistic to complete the game alone, and this can be a problem for some
- She is funny, perky and exciting, and also quite gentle to the player. You will only lose if you die at the same time
- It Takes Two is very diverse, rich in mechanics (as promised by Fares) that change regularly. She is fascinating with her asymmetry, although the split-screen in multiplayer causes discomfort
- But it hooks with its plot. Cody and May’s story turned out to be interesting
- There is a rather primitive humor that not everyone will like.
It Takes Tow will be released on March 26th. The game will be available on PC, PS5, Xbox Series and legacy consoles. Responsible for the development of the studio Hazelight.