Blogger Shesez in the new issue of Boundary Break revealed what is behind the scenes of Red Dead Redemption 2 . It turned out that the game is fraught with many secrets: from Arthur’s lack of genitalia to closed locations from the first part.
Some of you may have noticed this before, but the characters in RDR2 have several levels of detail, which changes depending on how close the player gets to the NPC. It is difficult to notice during the game, so the blogger had to change the system files.
At the first level, the character detail is reduced to the maximum and looks more like a potato mode. There are no hats, the shapes of the face and body are angular, and there are no eyes, ears and other things at all.
At the second level, there are still no full eyes, but black spots are already appearing. Poor quality hats and beards also appear. At the third level, the facial hair becomes more detailed, the fingers are no longer merged.
While Arthur is taking a bath, the blogger looked at the elaboration of the body, which is under the layer of foam. It turned out that the main character has detailed legs and butt, but the genitals are missing. The woman who enters Arthur appears at the door instantly.
Thesis about the rest of the moments in the video:
- The gang camp also has multiple levels of detail
- Throughout the game world, developers have hidden special cubes, each of which contains a piece of code
- There is a UFO in the game, but it is nothing interesting
- There is nothing inside the house that resembles a hobbit dwelling
- In the closet next to the Braithwaite estate, the locked woman is detailed enough.
- If the player’s character is absent in the cut-scene frame, then he waits for his turn in the T-pose
- When entering a building, the rest of the world disappears, but the environment is displayed in the windows
- The character controlling the projector in the cinema has a unique animation
- Coins and banknotes are sometimes found inside NPCs
- Dressing rooms in stores are separate from the rest of the game world
- Some caves and mines from the first part are not fully represented, some of the tunnels are filled up
- There are also other closed rooms from RDR, which contain objects without textures
The release of Red Dead Redemption 2 took place in October 2018. The game is available on PC, PS4 and Xbox One. On next-generation consoles, the title can be played with backward compatibility. Whether Rockstar will release full nextgen versions is still unknown.