IO Interactive has released a Hitman 3 opening video that will be shown at launch. In addition, the developers talked about the release details. Due to the complex system of interaction with the previous parts, explanations will definitely come in handy.
- Preload will be available on consoles, not on PC
- Access to the game will open on January 20 at 16:00
- Have to install the patch from the first day
- The game will need to install from 60 to 70 gigabytes
- You can transfer progress from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3, including everything earned in locations from Hitman 1
- The transfer of progress will work through a separate site, this cannot be done in the game
Content from previous installments in Hitman 3 will be available as DLC, but they can also be obtained for free. True, the conditions are confusing. Obviously, the owners of the first part to receive a corresponding supplement for the third is mediocre. However, Hitman 1 GOTY Access Pass will also be given free to Hitman 3 customers in EGS (you can pick it up within the first 10 days of release).
In the case of Hitman 2 Gold Access Pass on PC, everything is a little sadder – the game is not in EGS, no one will be giving away DLC for free, but it will be possible to buy it with an 80% discount.