Hallucinogenic mushrooms grew in the veins of an enthusiast and could lead to his death

Hallucinogenic mushrooms grew in the veins of an enthusiast and could lead to his death

In a new study , a case was published in which one man conducted an experiment with psychedelic mushrooms that was disastrously unsuccessful. According to doctors, the enthusiast almost died from an injection of “mushroom tea”.

A 30-year-old man was admitted to the emergency room by his family after self-medication for bipolar disorder and opioid dependence. A few days before the hospital, he decided to use mushrooms, first making mushroom tea from them, and then filtering the mixture through a cotton swab, injecting it intravenously. Shortly thereafter, he developed symptoms such as lethargy, diarrhea and nausea, as well as bloody vomiting. It looked like jaundice.

By the time he was admitted to the intensive care unit, numerous organs began to fail, including the lungs and kidneys. Tests showed that he had both bacterial and fungal infections in his blood. This means that the mushrooms he introduced fed on it and grew. The man was pumped out with antibiotics, but even after 22 days in the hospital, he was still using antimicrobial drugs.

This is not the first known case of someone injecting mushrooms into their body. In 1985, there was a similar case in the United States. True, then the man left the hospital much faster.

Total
1
Shares
Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Previous Post
Todd Howard hasn't hinted at an Indiana Jones game - he's just a fan of the franchise

Todd Howard hasn’t hinted at an Indiana Jones game – he’s just a fan of the franchise

Next Post
Liam Neeson is ready to return to the role of Qui-Gon in the TV series about Obi-Wan

Liam Neeson is ready to return to the role of Qui-Gon in the TV series about Obi-Wan

Related Posts