StreamElements together with the analytical company Arsenal.gg summed up the December and annual results of streaming development. Twitch continues to break records and December broke them again with 1.7 billion hours per month. Facebook Gaming also has good statistics – 388 hours.
The most viewed games in December were:
- Fortnite – 81 Million Hours
- League of Legends – 77 million hours
- World of Warcraft – 76 million hours
- Minecraft – 58 million hours
- Cyberpunk 2077 – 53 million hours
In 2020, Twitter reached 17 billion hours, which is 83% more than in 2019. Facebook Gaming showed even greater growth – by 166% to 3.59 billion hours.
League of Legends was the most viewed game in 2020, and the category was Just Chatting.
Judging by the numbers, the coronavirus pandemic has become a very strong growth driver for the sector.