Long before the release of Cyberpunk 2077, the developers from CD Projekt RED announced that the game will receive multiplayer, but later the storyline. The dataminers seem to have found the first details online.
Unused data was found in the game’s executive file.
- The game has a calculation of statistics of deaths / murders
- Inside the title is a system of character spawn points
- These parameters refer to a certain mode “Robbery”
- A reference was also found to the standard desmatch kit
- Among the data, there is something similar to a table, which can be opened practically in any online game by pressing Tab (player name, ping, number of players, etc.)
- There is a mention of statements like “Wow, you killed yourself”, “Joined the match …”, “Waiting for players”, “End of the game”, “The match will start in …”
The developers have not yet commented on the finding of datamayers. It is also still unknown what the multiplayer Cyberpunk 2077 will be like – whether it will be an in-game mode, or CDRP will follow the path of GTA Online.
Official details should be expected no earlier than mid-2021. Before that, the developers have a lot of things to do in the story version of Cyberpunk 2077. In January and February, the game should receive two major patches.