SuperData analysts have shared another report on digital sales of games around the world. This time not for the past month, but for the entire 2020.
- Total sales were $ 126.6 billion – 12% more than last year
- Of this amount, F2P games accounted for 78%, Asia – 59%
- The mobile games market is still growing – last year by 10%
- Fortnite Brought Epic Games Over $ Billion
- Revenue from paid games increased 28% – significantly more than free titles
- Gaming Video Market Exceeds $ 9.3 Billion in Year
- XR (virtual and augmented reality) market surpasses $ 6.7 billion
According to SuperData, the growth of the gaming industry will slow in 2021, the actions of Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo will differ even more, and large deals like Microsoft / ZeniMax will increase in frequency.