Developers from Ember Lab shared details of Kena: Bridge of Spirits in PlayStation Magazine during their Q&A. Brothers Josh and Mike from the studio team gave a lot of interesting details.
A portion of interesting details:
- Kena will have an unusual bow. To replenish arrows, just wait a few seconds, you don’t have to create or collect them
- The artificial intelligence of opponents will be well developed. If the player will often use the same weapon, the enemies will adapt and begin to change tactics
- Bosses in the game are divided into two types: story and optional. Each of them will have character and influence the world of the game in their own way.
- The entire title is made in a cartoon style, but the developers touch on serious and dark themes in the game
- The DualSense features will be used to the maximum. In particular, the developers have worked hard to support adaptive triggers. With the help of them, you can feel the weight of the heroine, feel the tension of the bowstring and Kena’s special powers
- Most evil spirits will have animal designs
- The developers did not use motion capture. All animations are hand-drawn
- Ember Lab is already thinking about creating a DLC for the title. Add-ons will appear if developers have untold stories or untold characters
Kena: Bridge of Spirits will be released this year on PC, PS5 and PS4. There is no exact release date yet.