GamingBolt has interviewed Tatiana Delgado, director and co-founder of Out Of The Blue studio, who has released Call of the Sea , an exciting adventure game this year . The game was well received by critics and players alike, with 80 points on Metacritic and 90% positive reviews on Steam.
We chose the most interesting from the material:
- The visual style of the team was inspired by the visuals of games like Firewatch, The Witness and Sea of Thieves. They wanted to create a beautiful place where people want to stay and enjoy hours, solving puzzles and exploring every corner.
- Exploration has a lot to do with puzzle solving. The studio was inspired by games like Myst or Riven, where you have to research and gather as much information as possible to understand how the world works and the mechanisms you find. Puzzles are integrated into the world as part of the environment, and to find out where the expedition disappeared, you will need to collect all the clues
- The difficulty of the game is lower than Myst. The developers wanted to make the puzzles a little easier to make the game accessible to a wider audience and also keep it challenging enough to be a good adventure game.
- The game was inspired in part by the writings of Howard Philip Lovecraft. The studio wanted to preserve the essence of his stories, but approach them from a different angle. Their goal is to tell the story of a determined woman who is looking for her husband. Most of the master’s stories are a descent to madness, and they wanted to show a rise to sanity
- The studio is very grateful to Microsoft for their support
Call of the Sea was released on December 8 for PC, Xbox One and Xbox Series X.