Despite the pandemic, dozens of films were sent worldwide this year, which together have made billions of dollars. Box Office has unveiled the top 10 highest grossing films for 2020.
The list topped the Chinese drama “Eight Hundred” directed by Guan Hu. The plot tells the story of the Sino-Japanese War of 1937, when 400 Chinese soldiers defend the Syhan warehouse in Shanghai for four days and four nights.
On the second line is “Bad Boys Forever”, which came out 17 years later. Detectives Mike Lowry and Marcus Burnett are back in business. True, they are removed from all operations, but this does not stop the legendary couple of friends.
Closes the top three “Argument” by Christopher Nolan. The film grossed $ 362 million worldwide, which is considered a good result, although the film’s budget was $ 205 million. The director himself is pleased with the results.
- “Eight Hundred” – $ 461 Million
- Bad Boys Forever – $ 426 million
- “Argument” – $ 362 million
- Sonic in the Movie – $ 310 Million
- Dr. Dolittle’s Amazing Journey – $ 246 Million
- Jiang Ziya: The Legend of Deification – $ 244 Million
- “Birds of Prey: The Fantastic Story of Harley Queen” – $ 201 Million
- The Invisible Man – $ 143 million
- Forward – $ 141 million
- Call of the Wild – $ 110 million
Overall, taking stock of the year, 2020 was the worst year for the US in terms of box office receipts. It was worse only 40 years ago. At the same time, the Chinese market showed itself the brightest.