The PC Gamer edition continues to sum up its results of the outgoing year and named the best game in the RPG genre. It was Ubisoft’s Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, which was released on November 10, 2020 and showed the best selling start in the history of the series.
Journalists noted the originality and variety of side quests in the spirit of the Red Dead series. The advantages also include an in-depth combat system and an exciting open world, which this time became more alive than in Assassin’s Creed Odyssey.
Like The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, historical only.
Earlier, PC Gamer named the top games of 2020 in other genres.
- Best Game Support – Final Fantasy XIV
- Best Action Game – Hades
- Best Roguelike – Spelunky 2
- Best Adventure Game – Paradise Killer
- Best Co-op Game – Phasmophobia
- Best Card Game – Monster Train
- Best Innovation – Microsoft Flight Simulator
- Best VR Game – Half-Life: Alyx
- Best Multiplayer Game – Valorant
To sum up the publication will end on December 31, when it will present the game of the year in its opinion.