Bill Gates has a great blog post in which he wrote 12 reasons why next 2021 will be better than this one. This mainly concerns the discoveries and achievements made this year.
- In 2020, pharmaceutical companies managed to create and test two vaccines at once. Previously, it usually took about 10 years to develop a vaccine, Gates said.
- Although not 100% of people wear masks and keep their distance, in most cases people have adapted and accepted these conditions. These measures must be followed even at the stage of mass vaccination.
- The epidemic has long gone to the global level, but with the start of the use of vaccines, treatment should also go to the global level.
- Successful development of two vaccines implies the possibility of creating others. Several companies are working in this direction at once
- Not many are ready to take financial risks, but the pandemic has shown that countries and different organizations are ready to take all the risks to fight the coronavirus
- After the development of a vaccine, the next major challenge is mass production. Companies will need to double production in just a year to meet demand. It all depends on special agreements between pharmaceutical companies
- Gates said he hopes rich countries will finance the production and delivery of vaccine doses around the world to help the poor
- There are still people who are skeptical about vaccinations of any kind. Gates believes that in the future, people will stop building conspiracy theories
- In addition to developing a vaccine, companies produce other treatments. For example, the Gates Foundation signed an agreement under which Fujifilm Diosynth will produce antibodies developed by Eli Lilly. Then they will be supplied to countries with an average and low standard of living with appropriate pricing.
- People will have the opportunity to be tested for coronavirus at home. There will be no need to send the material to the laboratory, you can get the result almost instantly. Something like a pregnancy test
- Many worried that in regions such as Africa, the epidemic would spiral out of control. In fact, it turned out that things are better there than in the USA and Europe.
- The world has come together to tackle this global problem – and this could herald further joint work on other important issues, including global warming.
Recently it became known that a more infectious strain of coronavirus began to spread around the world. It has already been found in the Netherlands, Denmark and Australia. These scientists, doctors and pharmaceutical companies will also have to contend with.
How everything will actually show time.