Cyberpunk 2077 was the last major release of 2021, so you can take a look at the entire list of the highest-rated games that came out in the last 12 months. Statistics were taken from Metacritic and OpenCritic.
Unfortunately for many fans of CD Projekt RED, the long-term construction from Polish developers could not take first place in the top. Cyberpunk 2077 came in fifth with a 90% rating from critics. Animal Crossing: New Horizons is located in the same place.
- Persona 5 Royal – 95%
- The Last of Us: Part II, Hades, Half-Life: Alyx, Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Dragon Quest XI S – 93%
- Demon’s Souls Remake – 92%
- Microsoft Flight Simulator, Crusader Kings III, F1 2020, Spelunky 2 – 91%
- Cyberpunk 2077, Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 90%
- Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Xenoblade Chronicles: DE, Dreams, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2 – 89%
- Tetris Effect: Connected, Devil May Cry 5: SE, DOOM Eternal, A Short Hike, Kentucky Route Zero – 88%
- Monster Hunter World: Iceborne, Final Fantasy VII Remake, Super Mega Baseball 3, Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate, Huntdown, Legends of Runeterra, Persona 4 Golden – 87%
- F1 2020, Death Stranding, Observer: System Redux, Panzer Corps 2, Cuphead, 13 Sentinels: Aegis Rim, Streets of Rage 4, Desperados 3 – 86%
- Risk of Rain 2, Heroes of Hammerwatch, Deep Rock Galactic, Wasteland 3, Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Monster Train, Bug Fables, Football Manager 2021, Assassin’s Creed Valhalla, Planet Coaster, Nioh 2, Bayonetta & Vanquish, Two Point Hospital , Pikmin 3 Deluxe, Manifold Garden, Crash 4: It’s About Time – 85%
The Leader of the Year was Persona 5, subtitled Royal. The Japanese RPG took the lead on both rating aggregators. True, at OpenCritic, the game shares the lead with Hades. In second place was The Last of Us: Part II. Ghost of Tsushima, which users chose as the game of the year at The Game Awards 2020, didn’t even make it into the top 10.
- Persona 5 Royal, Hades – 94%
- The Last of Us: Part II – 93%
- Half-Life: Alyx, Demon’s Souls Remake, Microsoft Flight Simulator – 92%
- Cyberpunk 2077, Crusader Kings III – 91%
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2, Devil May Cry 5: SE – 90%
Cyberpunk 2077 scores continue to fall, so the game could easily fall off both lists by the end of the month.