Variety reported that Netflix has started work on seven new British TV series at once. The show will work with such eminent filmmakers as Andy Serkis (“The Lord of the Rings”), Sam Mendes (“1917”, “Skyfall”), Rowan Atkinson (“Mr. Bean”) and others.
The media also provided a short description of each of the projects.
- Half Bad (8 episodes 60 minutes each): A series based on the trilogy of novels by Sally Green about the illegitimate son of the most terrible witch in the world. He spent his entire life under supervision to avoid repeating the destructive fate of his father. The producer is Andy Serkis.
- Baby Reindeer (8 episodes, 30 minutes): The plot focuses on the intricate relationship between writer and comic strip Richard Gadd and his raging fanatic, which leads to problems. Gadd himself will be the screenwriter and lead actor.
- Cuckoo Song (6 episodes 60 minutes each): A show based on the novel by Francis Harding about two feuding sisters, one of whom is a changeling.
- Man vs Bee (6 episodes 10 minutes each): A comedy about a man who starts a war with bees in his luxurious new mansion. Rowan Atkinson will be the creator and central actor.
- Lockwood & Co (8 episodes, 60 minutes): A supernatural adventure detective based on the Jonathan Stroud book series. The plot is dedicated to teenagers who hunt evil spirits every night in London.
- The Red Zone (6 episodes of 30 minutes): A comedy about football, not football. This is a story about friendship and family in a world where no one can be trusted. The producer is Sam Mendes.
- The Seven Deaths of Evelyn Hardcastle (7 episodes, 60 minutes each): A show based on the book by Turton Stewart about the mysterious murder of a girl on a country estate. However, the difficulty in solving the problem is that every time the main character makes a mistake, he finds himself in someone else’s body.
When to expect the premiere of the series has not yet been announced.