Despite technical issues, poor optimization and lack of important features, Cyberpunk 2077 really turned out to be one of the best games of the year. Especially in terms of the level of elaboration of the virtual world and visual beauty – we have never seen cities like Night City.
The gameplay itself hasn’t made any leaps in innovation, but the character customization options allow you to create a hero to your liking, and the arsenal is rich enough to diversify the gameplay. And various options for solving situations and tasks will allow you to go through the game in different ways.
Yes, the artificial intelligence in Cyberpunk 2077 leaves a lot to be desired. The police do not pursue and generally do not pose a threat, and here you cannot arrange mass murders so that an “army” armed with tanks starts hunting you. On the other hand, the game is more of an open-world action RPG than a full-fledged sandbox.
Cyberpunk 2077 is optimized over time. Bugs will be fixed. A few basic features will be added. But the most important thing is that now there is already a foundation. And if you do not throw it, if you take the example of No Man’s Sky, then Cyberpunk 2077 can be a masterpiece.
And this does not require reworking the existing framework. Considering that the game was profitable even for pre-orders, there is no reason not to invest in the development of the title. Here’s what gamers who have already completed Cyberpunk 2077 or played enough have suggested to get an idea. You can start with small things.
How to improve Cyberpunk 2077 – small suggestions:
- Make slot machines playable. There is already a reference to the Witcher – Roach Race, and judging by the gameplay, an experienced programmer will write the code for this game in a day
- Add beauty salons – let us come in and change your appearance at any time of the day
- Add a fitting room – before buying a thing, why not make an option to see how the garment will look on you
- The opportunity to sit at the bar and drink peacefully
- Go to a sex shop, buy a sex toy and … try it, at least as a visual object
- The ability to dance where and when you want
- Ability to place bets and lose to Eddie
- Flights – Night City needs the ability to at least call a shuttle to circle the areas
Remember the montage of Vee and Jackie’s adventures at the beginning? All of this had to be in the game, if only in order to form an affection for Jackie, otherwise the relationship looks superficial. How did he meet Misty? How does V know Ripperdock?
How to improve Cyberpunk 2077 – great suggestions:
- How about hunting V? When a character crosses the gang’s path, why not announce a price for V’s head, so that the bandits do not create problems at times. For example, they could wait in the garage, steal a car / motorcycle, or track V outside the apartment
- Upgrade artificial intelligence, at least on PC and new consoles – so that residents have a routine, and they do not walk along specified paths
- Add interactivity with the police – so that sometimes there are serious raids, so that they block streets or entire areas for a certain time, while V needs to get out of the checkpoint before he is caught
- Completely rework cars and add at least external customization
- Make augmentations external so people react to a heavily modified character
- Rework the net-running so that it doesn’t feel like a primitive mini-game, make an analogue of VR training, only with breaking through the defense and introducing your own code
- Add a real public transport system. The city already has stations and tracks. It would be great just to get on the subway and sit for 10-15 minutes, rolling around the city, looking out the window and listening to the radio
- Add mercenaries competing for the same missions. Sometimes it felt like only V was working in Night City – so much work was dumped on the character. Why not add some spices – so that sometimes other mercenaries do not fall on the mission or the time to complete is limited
- Bowling – 2077 version to spend time with your chumba
It is not known whether the studio will do any of this, all the more so while it is necessary to fix what is. But having created such an ambitious, exciting metropolis, CD Projekt RED has not been able to revive it the way it deserves.
Given that CD Projekt RED plans to release at least 2 more huge updates and self-contained multiplayer, work on Night City will continue for at least two more years. And during this time, the studio has a chance to develop Cyberpunk 2077 so that it will exceed expectations.
What would you like to see in Night City as the game develops? Who knows, maybe some of this will be added by modders.