Riot Forge has published a turn-based RPG gameplay in the League of Legends universe – Ruined King . The studio also announced that it was forced to postpone the release of the game from the beginning of the year for an indefinite period.
The game will feature two regions of Runeterra: the port city of Bilgewater and the deadly Shadow Isles. Players will be allowed to play as Miss Fortune, Illaoi, Yasuo, Ari, Pike and Braum. Ruined King will not be supported by the service model after the release, that is, immediately upon release, it will be possible to go through it from start to finish.
The different activities in the Ruined King game:
- Read wanted announcements and eliminate especially dangerous opponents for a big reward.
- Meet the inhabitants of Bilgewater’s coastal waters and retrieve sunken treasures from the bottom of the sea. In Ruined King, all your catch is listed in a special catalog, and the fish you catch can be eaten or exchanged at a merchant for black tags, which in turn can be used to purchase special items on the black market.
- Collect information about the rewards for the kill, as well as about the skills and habitats of those creatures with whom you had a chance to meet and fight. For defeating a large number of creatures of the same type, champions receive beast runes, which give permanent boosts.
- Solve riddles, uncover secrets and complete additional tasks to get valuable rewards: from items to new absolute skills and legendary weapons.
- Defeat waves of opponents to get a reward based on your result.
- Learn more about the history of the world and get rewarded for the information you collect.
Responsible for the development of the studio Airship Syndicate, known for Battle Chasers: Nightwar and Darksiders Genesis. Previously, studio founder Joe Madureira was the creative director of the original Darksiders.
The release is expected on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series and Nintendo Switch.