Imran Khan, former Game Informer editor and host of the Kinda Funny Games podcast, shared some details on Square Enix’s mysterious Project Athia . Recently it became known that the title will be exclusive to PlayStation 5 for two years, which aroused great public interest.
The main thing from Khan’s words:
- Square Enix is heavily invested in Project Athia , the company has high hopes for the game – it is expected to be on a par with Final Fantasy
- Sometimes the head of Square Enix, Yosuke Matsuda, has a personal favorite – now it’s Project Athia.
- Khan thinks Square Enix has managed to get Sony seriously interested in the game, so she is counting on serious investment in advertising from the platform owner.
- Khan knows some things about the game, but does not want to talk yet
- Apparently, the main character is played by the actress Ella Balinska from recent “Charlie’s Angels”
- Project Athia was such a secret title that eventually Square Enix deliberately confused everyone by saying it was Final Fantasy 16.
The release date for Project Athia is still unknown. In addition to PS5, the game will also be released on PC.