he Hollywood Reporter devoted material to Johnny Depp’s career, which has been rapidly falling to the bottom in recent years. The journalists talked about the use of drugs on the set of the fifth “Pirates of the Caribbean” and the loss of a role in “Fantastic Beasts”.
- From 2003 to 2016, Depp earned $ 650 million, but in recent years the actor’s fees have become much more modest. For “Alice in Wonderland” he received $ 55 million, and for the drama “The Great” – $ 3 million
- Depp will indeed receive all of the Fantastic Beasts royalties despite his departure. Although he only filmed one scene, he is contractually owed $ 16 million.
- The role of the wizard Grindelwald in “Fantastic Beasts” is not the only one that the actor has lost recently. According to THR, Depp has lost his role as Harry Houdini on Jerry Bruckheimer’s TV series
- While working on the fifth “Pirates of the Caribbean”, the actor took eight ecstasy pills at once and caused a scandal with Hurd, to whom he was then married. As a result of the showdown, Depp lost his fingertip, and production of the film was stopped for two weeks. Every day of downtime cost Disney about $ 350,000
- Jerry Bruckheimer later suggested that Disney include Jack Sparrow in the Pirates of the Caribbean spin-off, but the company refused outright.
- According to THR, Depp has specific requirements for the studios he contracts with. So, the actor should have security on the set and at home. It costs companies several million more dollars.
- According to Depp’s lawyer, the actor still has a great financial condition despite the legal costs. He owns fourteen houses, and he can spend $ 30 thousand on wine in a month.
- Despite the fall in popularity, Depp remains one of the most recognizable actors in the world.
Now Depp is still in litigation with his ex-wife. In November, it became known that he had lost a libel case against The Sun. The actor is going to appeal the decision to one of the highest instances of Great Britain – the Court of Appeal.