Digital Foundry specialists conducted a technical analysis of the PS5 version of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla in comparison with the PC. It turned out that in places the game on the console looks better.
We chose the main thing from the material.
- The game was compared between PS5 and PC with the same graphics settings
- In places Assassin’s Creed Valhalla on Sony console looks better than ultra settings on PC – more grass and flowers on PS5
- According to DF, this looks like an oversight on the part of Ubisoft. The developers, most likely, simply forgot to implement the maximum quality of this parameter on the PC
- However, some of the other effects are rendered on PC at a higher resolution than on PS5
- Also, the advantage of PC is in the smoothness of animation – in 60 fps mode, flags on PS5 develop at a lower frame rate
For the test they chose to start the game when the PS5 showed 1440p, on the PC they just chose the same resolution. Using similar graphics settings in the more difficult scene, the PS5 produced 51 fps, only the RTX 2080 Ti did better. DF noted that the console’s performance is comparable to the base RTX 2080 Super or RTX 3060 Ti.
Assassin’s Creed Valhalla is available on PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One and Xbox Series X. Ubisoft title has been warmly received by gamers and the press.