Rare Studios has published a new news blog to discuss future Sea of Thieves content . One of the innovations will be the seasons, each of which will last three months.
What awaits players:
- in January, the first season will begin with unique challenges, items and a journey of the trade alliance, in which the player will act as a detective to find the lost cargo
- each season will start with a ton of content and new events
- there will be a seasonal progression system with 100 levels and a series of challenges with rewards
- the Plunder Pass Battle Pass with additional rewards will appear
- a new merchant will appear – Detective
- the “Arena” mode turned out to be unclaimed – it will stop receiving updates, but will remain in the game.
The developers also said that this year, Sea of Thieves has attracted 11 million unique players, and with the release on Steam, the audience has expanded by a million. A large influx of players was from Korea and China. The game has roughly equal numbers of players between PC and Xbox.