Brazilian video blogger Rato Borrachudo drew attention to the type of SSD installed in the Xbox Series X. This is an NVMe M.2 drive from Western Digital.
At the same time, the SSD is not soldered on the board, but is screwed on with screws, which should simplify the repair of the console if necessary. You can also see the drive model – SN530. The same SSD, but for a PC, is on the manufacturer’s website , but it uses PCIe Gen 3, and the Xbox Series X uses PCIe Gen 4.
If we talk about the speed of the drive in more detail, then the network has already made a comparison between the Xbox Series X and PS5. Enthusiasts compared the loading speed of different games in two stages: the first – from starting the game until the menu appears, the second – to loading a specific level.
Batman: Arkham Knight
- PlayStation 5: 41:39 and 17:30
- Xbox Series X: 40:35 and 11:68
- PlayStation 5: 50:14 and 46:58
- Xbox Series X: 34:26 and 37:27
Final fantasy xv
- PlayStation 5: 39:06 and 25:09
- Xbox Series X: 33:12 and 10:11
Monster hunter world
- PlayStation 5: 31:39 and 13:08
- Xbox Series X: 11:17 pm and 6:21 pm
Red dead redemption 2
- PlayStation 5: 30:16 and 34:35
- Xbox Series X: 26:24 and 36:26
On Xbox Series X, the games listed above load faster. The only exception is the action game from Rockstar Games, but the difference here is not as significant as in Final Fantasy XV, for example. However, everything will depend on the patches from the developers.
Xbox Series S and X will go on sale November 10.