Activision Blizzard has published financial statements for the third quarter of this year, which ended on September 30. The company’s revenue grew, allowing the publisher to earn more than analysts expected. Earnings per share was also higher than expected.
Money and plans
- Revenue in the third quarter was $ 1.95 billion (38% more than a year earlier)
- Earnings per share was 88 cents (was 38 a year ago)
According to the head of Activision Blizzard Bobby Kotick, the company is going to hire more than 2,000 people to meet production needs. This is probably about game development. At the moment, the publishing house employs more than 10 thousand employees.
- The company’s games have 111 million monthly active players
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare and Warzone has three times more gamers than last year
- Modern Warfare in the first year sold better than all previous games in the series, 66% were “digital”
- The number of monthly active players on PC has grown tenfold
- The number of hours played on PC and consoles is seven times more than a year ago
- More Players Testing Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War Than Any Other Part of the Series Before
- Mobile Call of Duty Shows Impressive Results, Coming Soon in China, Already Pre-Registered 50 Million Gamers
- Warzone has been downloaded 80 million times, which is 20 billion GB of used space
- In August, a trailer for the new COD part became available in Warzone. According to Kotik, this is better and more effective marketing than advertising on any other paid media network.
- The company had 30 million active players in the third quarter
- World of Warcraft shows consistent results year after year
- Shadowlands will release on November 23rd, with pre-sales ahead of all DLC before
- Overwatch community has 10 million active players per quarter, stable since launch four years ago
- Diablo development on PC and mobile platforms is in full swing
- The number of active players in the company in the third quarter – 249 million
- # 1 Candy Crush # 1 in the US
- The Farm Heroes and Bubble Witch Revenue Grows Significantly With New Content
In the fourth quarter, Activision Blizzard expects another revenue growth – $ 2 billion. The company expects earnings per share of $ 3.08 on $ 7.67 billion in full year 2020 revenue.