In addition to the new cosmetic content, there are also character changes and new features announced.
Blizzard, along with the new event, also introduced an update to the game. Importantly, the characters have changed, but so have the functions. We announced in the morning that Blizzard is working on a toxicity-related improvement, and indeed, the patch improves it.
Feature update: profanity filter improvement.
We’re making changes to the way the Profanity Filter works to give players more control over the types of words they see. Instead of just being on or off, it now has 3 levels.
- STRONG – We will do everything we can to filter all the words on our constantly updated list of obscene, vulgar or offensive words. This is the most suitable setting for a family game.
- MODERATE – You may come across some indecent or vulgar vocabulary with this setting, but we will filter out language considered extremely offensive.
- NONE – Nothing will be filtered. You can come across highly offensive vocabulary with this setting. This setting is not recommended.
In addition to introducing the above filtering levels, we will allow players to have different profanity filter settings for each communication channel:
- GENERAL CHAT
- MATCH CHAT
- TEAM CHAT
- TEAM CHAT
For example, you can choose a stronger profanity filter option for more public communication channels such as GENERAL CHAT or GAME CHAT, but use MODERATE for more private Crew Chat.
NOTE: Using any of the profanity filter options does not mean that it is okay to use offensive language. We encourage you to report any situations of this type you encounter.
For more information on acceptable behavior, please see our Code of Conduct. Using community reported language deemed offensive by Blizzard will result in severe account restrictions.
CHANGES IN COMPETITION
Competition in Team Deathmatch
The 3rd season of Competitive Team Deathmatch has begun
- Added “For Crusaders!” Dialogue line for allies to hear when Reinhardt uses his Super.
Heavy Pulse Rifle
- Missile dispersion has been removed.
- Constant recoil added.
- Projectile damage reduced from 20 to 19.
- Shells increased from 25 to 30.
- Improved the smoothness of Sombra’s first-person camera when moving short distances to the Translocator in line of sight.
THE WIDOW’S BODY
- The hook will now bounce off the surface if the distance between the player and the hook is less than 2 meters. This will cancel the ability and its cooldown.
- Improved target detection to help stick to walls more consistently.
- Fixed an issue where replays saved during Experimental Games would not load properly.
- Fixed an issue that caused Heroes to load slowly when switching in the Character Select screen.
- Fixed an issue where skill ranks in the Career Profile were not displaying for Competitive Seasons.
- Fixed an issue where the “All Seasons” option would not appear in the Career Profile menu.
- Fixed a bug where Baptiste would not blink during the idle animation.
- Fixed an issue that caused the Sprays menu to display “Blank” in the top spot when equipping Sprays.
- Fixed a bug that caused the South Korean flag to be displayed incorrectly in the Taegeukgi skin.
- Fixed an issue where the Duplicate Echo voice lines would not play in the correct language.
- Fixed an issue where Lúcio’s legs would get longer when landing on uneven terrain.
- Fixed an issue where the Lifeguard skin model would not display correctly under low graphics settings.
- Fixed an issue where Phara’s eyes in the Rescuer Skin would not animate properly.
- Fixed an issue with Shotgun shells still rotating randomly.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Lightning, Earth and Fire achievement from being activated.
- Fixed a bug that caused beam hit effects to display incorrectly on barriers.
- Fixed an issue with custom game settings for the Door Health Scalar in Dr. Złomenstein.
- Fixed an issue with setting the difficulty level of Custom Games in Dr. Złomenstein.
- Fixed a bug where Ashe’s Dynamite hand would not scale to the bullet size.
- Fixed an issue where Brigitte’s Slam would not display correctly when triggered suddenly without a cooldown.
- Fixed an issue where Reinhardt’s Shatter was not hitting targets consistently when scale models were scaled up.
- Fixed an issue where B.O.B. it didn’t scale smoothly with Ashe.
- Fixed an issue where the Mech’s Summon ability would place the new mech in the wrong places with different scaling.