How did it all start in the Resident Evil games ? This is to show a new film supposed to explore the history of the origin of the universe. The first actors have even been confirmed.
Not much is known about the content of the “Resident Evil” reboot, other than the film being set “on a fateful night in Raccoon City in 1998,” according to a press release.
The cast of "Resident Evil"
But there are already six actors who will star in the reboot of “Resident Evil”, and their roles, which are also drawn from the games.
- Hannah John-Kamen (“Brave New World”) plays mechanics and STARS member Jill Valentine
- Robbie Amell (“Upload”) plays sniper Chris Redfield
- Kaya Scodelario (“Crawl”) plays Chris’s sister, Claire Redfield
- Tom Hopper (“The Umbrella Academy”) plays STARS chef de mission Albert Wesker
- avan Jogia (“Zombieland 2: Double is better”) plays the policeman Leon S. Kennedy
- Neal McDonough (“Suits”) plays antagonist William Birkin
Johannes Roberts, who has recently directed horror films such as “47 Meters Down: Uncaged” and “The Strangers: Opfernacht”, will direct the film.
The "Resident Evil" universe is developing rapidly
The “Resident Evil” franchise, which debuted with Capcom’s first game in 1996, seems to be of great interest at the moment. The remake of “Resident Evil 3” for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC was only released in April of this year, and another part, “Resident Evil 8: Village”, has already been announced for 2021.
But because that’s not enough, Netflix is working on two “Resident Evil” series. On the one hand, a real series with actors who have not yet been announced, and on the other hand, an animated series called “Resident Evil: Infinite Darkness”, whose first teaser recently appeared.
The “Resident Evil” reboot is slated for theatrical release in 2021.