In this year, the record for hours of play on exclusive Xbox console titles was broken
As the new generation of consoles approaches, this competition between Sony Yes Microsoft becomes very interesting. It’s no secret that the PlayStation brand already has a huge player base that it has built up over the years, and even more so with PS4 , but there are plenty of reasons to play on an Xbox, and there are more and more to do thanks to Xbox Game Studios , where more and more studies with huge reputations are entering, being Bethesda the latest addition, shaking the foundations of the industry.
It will certainly bring you some very good numbers in the future for Microsoft, but it is time to talk about what has already happened in this year 2020. It is the American company itself that, through a Publish Published in the official site Xbox announced that have reached real records during this year. There are several to highlight, so they have even been listed in several points:
Xbox Game Studios breaks records in 2020
- 15 games released to date, 10 of which are new titles, with more to come. This is already a record for Xbox Game Studios.
- 1.66 billion hours played on Xbox Game Studios titles to date, the most to date.
- Microsoft Flight Simulator managed to stand out from all PC games this year in Metacritic with an average score of 92.
- Ori and the Will of the Whisps became the highest rated Xbox game this year on Metacritic, with an average of 90.
- Grounded immediately recovered the million players.
- Sea of Thieves already takes more than 15 million cumulative players until today.
- Wasteland, in addition to winning the best role-playing game at gamescom 2020, also has a very good Metacritic average out of 86.
We remind you that the Xbox Series X / S will then arrive on the market on November 10 a little before the PS5 which will land in Europe on November 19.