What happens to critical hits after preseason item changes?
It is already known that almost all items in League of Legends will see extensive changes during preseason. The cooldown reduction system will be completely overhauled, and today one of the game designers announced changes that will affect critical hits that are important to many characters in the game.
What changes can you expect?
- Critical hit damage reduced from 200% to 175%.
- This takes some of the power of superlategame – these critical hit builds and allows us to improve other stats (such as AD or AS).
- Critical hit chance on an item reduced from 25% to 20%.
- This, combined with the addition of a Critical Chance to many other useful items (such as Bloodthirster, Mortal Reminder, and Merc Scimitar) drastically expands the possibilities of building multiple heroes.
- Usually, new items will be the second or third choice due to the possibilities offered.
The designer points out that any changes are not intended to nerf any heroes, but only to shift some of their power in a different direction. To achieve this, you will need to make slight adjustments to characters like Yasuo, Yone, and Tryndamere, for example, to make sure they have enough choice while not exceeding 100% Critical Hit.
If everything goes as planned, players will be able to test the changes next week on the test servers.